Nittany Knits

Thursday, May 01, 2008

" A happy heart is good medicine and
a cheerful mind works healing."
Proverbs 17:22
Things are so much better today than last Thursday! The doctors are so pleased with her progress, and there is no more talk of white cell transfusions:-) You are the best prayer warriors!
She is still very tired and not up to visitors as of yet, but I will let you all know when she is.
With everything going so well, I am going to take some time for myself this weeknd to get out to the Sheep and Wool Festival. I'm trying not to feel guilty about going and enjoying myself, but some time to refresh my spirit can't be a bad thing. Thoughts of lamb burgers and sheep cheese are already dancing in my head. Anyone wanting to catch up with me will find me knitting near the Sheep to Shawl competition.
My BFF is coming to town to finish wrecking/ I mean redecorating my condo this weekend. The living room and kids rooms will look great, but something tells me I need to spend some time in my room (where she is throwing everything she doesn't want in the rest of the house). She is amazed by how much yarn she keeps running into :-)
Thank you again everyone for your thoughts and prayers- especially the crew from Grace Community Church who have gone above and beyond. We feel so much love from all of you. Thank you all.
Happy Sheep and Wool Festival!

3 Comments:

  • Yay! I'm so gald she's doing better and that you'll be able to go to Sheep and Wool!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 12:02 AM  

  • Yay for Brie doing better. I have another hat for her. It's pink AND green, and it's the first thing I've ever made with STR. Damn that girl is special. :)

    Because of Carole (ahem) I don't know when I'll be at Sheep and Wool. If I can find you, I'll give you the hat.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 1:02 AM  

  • TERRIFIC news that Brie is feeling better and you will be among your flock at S&W. Look forward to seeing you there!!
    I see many pink hats in Brie's future. As long as Felicity dries tonite, you'll have it at S&W.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home