Nittany Knits

Monday, May 05, 2008

Today's surgery went well, but we ended the day with a fever. Augh.

This weekend was a blur. Now that things are starting to go better around here, the staff is being more honest about how bad things had been. This kind of honesty makes ones head whirl a bit. It was a great weekend though, so I will try to remember some of it with clarity.

My daughter now has a newly decorated room thanks to my sorority little sister, who came into town like a whirlwind and left her mark. She even cooked dinner on Saturday. I begged her to stay forever, but alas...

I got to go to the Sheep and Wool Festival and eat lamburger and prize winning sheep cheese on Sunday. I took a lot of great pictures of sheep. In the past I was interested in the yarn or roving. This year it was all about the sheep and the food and getting to see a lot of you. Thank you to everyone I saw that had kind words, hugs, and laughs. You all are so great.

Thanks also to my daughter's bible study group who has brought food two weeks in a row for the families living on this hospital floor. You have no idea how many people are grateful for your generosity!

My exhaustion has kicked in, so more will have to wait until later.

Happy knitting

5 Comments:

  • I'm so happy to hear that things are going better... Hang in there and you're in our prayers..

    P.S. Happy belated cinco de mayo lol...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 AM  

  • It was so great to see you! I'm glad you got a chance to get out and enjoy the festival!!!

    By Blogger Jody, at 2:38 PM  

  • Oh and I have another hat for Brie from Rebecca!

    By Blogger Jody, at 2:38 PM  

  • So glad you got to go see sheep this weekend! I finished my hat for Brie, hope it fits... I'm not so hot with sizes...

    By Blogger The Flying Knitter, at 4:27 PM  

  • Lamburger,lamburger,lamburger...lamburger.
    And seeing the sheepies on the hoof to boot. Does a knitters heart good eh?
    I wanted to hug you forever.

    And poo on fevers.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home