Nittany Knits

Friday, May 16, 2008

Busy week.

I am about to be taken out of Sock Wars. As they say, the socks are in the mail. I'm glad I ended up trying to keep up with Sock Wars with everything else going on. It changed my mind about Tofutsi for one thing. I really didn't like it the last time I knit with it, but I like the socks this time. It also was a way to get my mind off things, and that is never a bad thing :-)

My parents just left to go back home. They were in this week to finally lay their own eyes on their sickly grandchild. Thanks to everyone who helped to shuttle them back and forth from Hopkins. It isn't exactly an easy ride for the old folks.

Speaking of Hopkins, today was the 77th annual 'Turtle Derby'. Our turtle 'Dizzy' did not do much to try to win the race, but it was a lot of fun none the less. This event is always the day before Preakness (the slow race, and then the fast) and is put on by the first year med students. The turtles are brought in from Lousianna, and this brings up the question, "What is wrong with Maryland turtles?" The best part for the knitters would be the hand knit turtle my daughter received in honor of the event. I freaked out and needed to know who knit all these turtles. I was told they are knit by an 87 year old woman. Well done, whoever you are. They were very cute!

Millions of thanks to all this week. You all know who you are who try to make my life somewhat normal. I couldn't be any more blessed!

Happy Knitting!!!!

3 Comments:

  • That explains the week away from blogging! Hope the visit was a good one.
    Aren't we supposed to Fear the Turtle here in Maryland? Why the imports indeed!
    Congrats to you on another Sock War battle. An early exit is ok ;-)

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 10:52 AM  

  • Hang in there- we'll be praying for a nice calm week for you and the family :)

    Look forward to seeing A on Tuesday!

    By Blogger Jody, at 12:58 PM  

  • It's a a crochet turtle hooked by an 87yo lady. Gotta love it!
    it really is cute!:O)

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home