Nittany Knits

Thursday, May 08, 2008

We have a new infection to fight here at Hopkins, but the powers that be say that this one should not level her out like the last one. From their lips to God's ears.

I got a rude awakening this morning when I looked at my daughter and said, "Oh my! Tomorrow is Sock Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She rolled her eyes and I got on the ball. Back on Feb 19th I signed myself up for my third round of Sock Wars, the bloodiest knitting game on the planet. For those of you starring at your computer screen in horror, the competition has you knit socks (weapons) for someone in the world. When they receive them, they die (of glee over their great new socks knit for them by a complete stranger). The game continues until only one warrior is left standing. It's great fun. It was even written up in the Wall Street Journal, so it can't be THAT weird. Anyway, I kind of forgot about it with evything going on around here. Luckily I am going home for a couple of hours tonight so I can grab my Tofutsie sock yarn (the official yarn of this competition) and get set to knit socks all weekend. What better way to spend Mother's Day weekend?

I'm going to start knitting my toe up socks this afternoon as a warm up. Sleeping Beauty has been knocked out by an arsenal of drugs, so I might get some good knitting in for a change.

Happy Sock Wars 3!!!!!!!!!





2 Comments:

  • Sock wars, death by yarn. Ha Ha. I know we are dorks for totally different reasons but it still makes me happy I'm not alone.

    As always, prayers and love,

    ~Tina

    By Blogger Bar Wench, at 2:47 AM  

  • Good luck with Sock Wars. Try the 'take your time' strategy this year...it worked for me ;-)
    Much love to Miss PeaceandLove.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home