Nittany Knits

Friday, May 09, 2008

Yesterday was our 6th week straight at Johns Hopkins, our 7th week straight in hospitals, and my daughter's 8th week straight since she has been home. Imagine being constanly on the highest state of alert your body can be on...for 7 weeks. I am starting to crash. She started crashing this week. We still do not know when we will get sprung from here, but let us all say many prayers that it is before June!

But on with life.

Sock Wars 3 has officially begun, and as with all wars- we are making weapons when we don't even know who the enemy is. The pattern has been published, but due to some unforseen happenings in the supreme commander's life, our targets have not been mailed out to us yet. Fine with me since I get next to nothing accomplished all day tending to a sick child. If you were to ask me what I did today, I couldn't answer you...but I was darn busy doing it.

Good luck to all the Sock War 3 warriors. The winner takes 60 balls of sock yarn as the prize. Happy Knitting!

7 Comments:

  • I'm part of this message board for golden retrievers...and everyone there is praying and/or wishing good thoughts for you guys.

    Keep your spirits high, everyone is thinking about you and praying for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

  • 60 balls of sock yarn?!?! That's insanity!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 3:22 AM  

  • sorry to hear your daughter is sick!

    By Blogger StarKnits, at 10:46 PM  

  • Sixty balls of sock yarn?
    Oh, just kill me now.

    Praying for your strength.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 3:02 PM  

  • I continue to uphold you all in prayers and thoughts! I know what it's like from a different perspective. My youngest was born 16 weeks early, and after 88 days, I took her home! YIKES! My eldest has the rare disease, for which we have traveled all over, including St. Jude's and Minnesota.
    Your body will crash, but a phoenix will rise. You just can't see it now.
    Blessings!

    By Blogger Knitting Kris, at 6:21 AM  

  • Keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

  • Holl - xoxoxo; it might not feel like it, but you are being held in all our prayers; sending love, warmth, and healing in this moment my friend. love ya..

    Jess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home