Nittany Knits

Friday, May 23, 2008



Originally uploaded by NittanyKnits
Lots of funny pictures of Detonator Socks are flying all over Ravelry. My son's photo of the socks I received are quite a hit, if not a little gross. The photo shoot of the sock I was knitting at the time of my elimination from Sock Wars, however, was up to me.

Having a lot less imagination than the twelve year old boy, I grabbed the first thing I could find that would signify that I was no longer in the battle. The fact that this Halloween decoration is the first thing that I saw that would work should tell you a little about the state of my living quarters right now. Why are my Halloween decorations still out and not packed away, you might ask yourself. In my defense, they were packed, the box just hasn't made it's way into my storage area yet.

The yarn is Tofutsie colorway 736, and I was somewhat sad to part with it. It would have been a great everyday sock. I tend to go with knitting the wilder colorways for my socks, so perhaps I need a couple Plain Jane socks.

On to hospital news. Yesterday, we found out what penicilin my daughter has a major reaction to. That was fun. Then today we found out that the pick line (that was put in place due to her central line getting a bacteria) has a bacteria. Fun. The doctors are pleased that she is not having as bad a reaction as last time, so they feel that she is making progress. We feel like we are in a hamster wheel that keeps bringing us back around to the same old issues. This brings us to another surgery, another fasting without food or water. Ick! She is still holding hope that she wil be out of here before the last dayof school on the 13th. Pray pray pray that this is also God's timeline.

Everyone heading out for the holiday, be safe. Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • I loved the "Creative pictures"! Tell Alex he's a genius L(


    Yuck! So sorry to hear Brie has an infection in her line again. I'll be praying for quick healing and evern quicker release from the hospital!

    By Blogger Jody, at 9:44 AM  

  • The Death picture was awesome! It took me a while to find it though (I'm a little slow and found it the long way).

    I'm looking into that beginner spinning day, I'm always up for a trip to PA.

    Hope your daughter's infection gets is butt kicked!

    By Blogger Karina, at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home