Nittany Knits

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Due to my daughter now being told she has not one.. not two.. but three bugs in her blood now. Are we having fun yet? Since Monday we have maintained 104 degree temps and no medicine is bringing it down. All this adds up to more discussion of the possibility of white cell transfusion, a direction no one wants to go.

Since I am surrounded by chaos, my creative outlet is starting to reflect the insanity. I started knitting the 'Sock Yarn Blanket' yesterday. For those of you not in the knitting world, this means I have lost my ever lovin mind. I am knitting a full size blanket out of tiny yarn on tiny needles...because I can. It may take me the rest of my life, but hey.. why not.

I am a woman on the edge, I have knitting needles, and I am NOT afraid to use them.

Happy sane and normal knitting to the rest of you :-)

5 Comments:

  • Praying for your daughter and your family!

    Hang in there...you'll make it past this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Jody, at 5:58 AM  

  • You wouldn't be a knitter if the thought didn't occur to you.

    "Hey - how cool would it be to have a blanket from left over sock yarn!"

    Been there. Got about a square foot knit and never went back!

    Give my love to the girl!!! She's a tough one and will squish those bugs!!

    PS - deleted the my (this) comment above because of typos - doh!

    By Blogger Jody, at 5:59 AM  

  • If you need any donations of leftover sock yarn, let me know!

    Hugs to Brie. She is a trooper. Hopefully she will be bug and fever free soon.

    Keep smiling :-)

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 12:00 PM  

  • Continuing to keep your daughter and family in my prayers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home